This is the spot to check on the happenings of the Fireside Horseshoe Club. If you would like something posted get in touch with Starla.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

June 27th - news during the week

First off, clean up on the pits will be July 6th at 6:30-7:00ish. We are going to concentrate on cleaning up the actual pit area. Getting the dirt into the pit and cutting away the growth around the walking path. All the more the merrier !!!

Bill and Phil are working on getting two replacement trees planted before worlds. I believe that the trees are being donated by Connelly's Trees (at least I think that is the right name).

The T-Shirts have been ordered for worlds. We got our order turned in way-way late, but they are going to get them to us on time. I may very well be delivering them at 8am on July 10th to those that play the first day. I will be getting with everyone that has a shirt and they will have them before they start play.... of course, that is if they get in on time. Monogramming thinks that since it is only 19 shirts that they should be able to fit the job in somewhere. I sure hope so!

The walking doubles tournament (thanks again Nene for taking this on) will be held every evening from July 9 - 21. I believe that Bill (thanks Bill) found some lights, so pit #1 should be lit by the time of the tournament. Nene pretty much has everything under control, so you might as well come down and get some practice in before worlds. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AT WORLDS. I HOPE WE HAVE A BUNCH OF WORLD CHAMIONS!!!

Remember, our next night of league will be July 25th.

I have not contacted "Alva" or the "Timmers" but hope to do so before the doubles tournaments. I hope that they might want to sell their wares during the two week span.

The blanket/wall hanging project is still in the works. I hope that we can get it pulled off in time to make some money on a raffle.

thats about it.... until next time...nothing but dblrngrs


See you there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home